Thursday, May 15, 2014

Screwed by Camella Homes

This post is about my experience buying a property thru Camella Homes.  I chose to do business with Camella because I like their location. My area of interests are Quezon City, Caloocan South/North, Novaliches area except Camarin and Zabarte area.  For a single detached house and a flexible payment scheme I think I found what I'm looking for.  Tripping has been made thru my brother and an Agent, Edwina Gayo Guarin, my brother chose an elevated corner lot, which he thought safer and flood free. 

Ok, I'm aware of the developer's policy of Non-Refundable Reservation fee.  I understand this is for holding the property.  So if you are not 100% sure of the property you are buying don't pay Reservation fee yet, think twice, thrice, million times because buying a property is a major decision.
After talking and discussion, we came up with the decision to Reserve the property.  It's NRFO means, house is for construction. My brother signed the Reservations Agreement for 20K pesos.(about $465).  The Agreement stated if we pay 15%  of the total contract price, the construction will start immediately.  or 10%  if there is a Letter of Guarantee from the bank.  The 10% is not bad at all, so I'm thinking to shell out 10% so they will start construction right away.  Construction is 6-8 months.  It also stated we have to made first DP after a month.

Before paying the 10% , I want to make sure we made the right decision, I know after payment there is no turning back, so I asked my brother to go ahead and check the location again, do ocular inspection, interview homeowners etc etc.  Guess what we discovered?  The corner lot that we think we reserved is not the lot in the Reservations Agreement.  The guard in the subdivision who knows every lot and blocks showed my brother  the lot we actually reserved. Our lot is apparently in the  end lot closed to the drainage, much to our dismay.   We thought its just an error or typographical error in the office.  so I contacted the office right away, and said that is really the lot we reserved, and we need to contact the Agent Edwina Gayo Guarin. 

My brother went to Camella-Caloocan office and complained.  We found out the Corner lot we want was already sold prior to his tripping. What a scam.  The office explained to us (I don't know if its true :() that they  informed the Agent its already sold but the Agent (who desperately want to close a deal) asked them to look for available lot similar price that she quoted to us.  So they gave her the end unit, and this Agent who is a fraud, misrepresent the Reservations Agreement.  She made us believe that the Reservations we signed is the Corner Lot we want.  Big fraud.  I requested the office to void the Reservations Agreement and demand for a refund.  But they said their policy is non-refundable, b_ llsh_t! I told them I have a lot of proofs that the corner lot is the property they quoted to us, I have facebook chats saved, and emails saved.  The agent and my brother met at the office, she admitted the mistakes and pay us back  50% or 10K  of our money. She is crying, and told my brother that's the only money she has, my brother who has a soft heart understand her.  Not me, imagine the damage if I already paid the DP and later found out that the property im paying is the lot we don't want.  It will be too late to back out, you can't refund your money, under Maceda law, you have to pay 2 years before you get a refund but you only get 50% of what you already paid. yuck. 

Right now I'm requesting Camella-Caloocan to void the Reservation Agreement, since their Agent already admitted its  her fault, and already paid us back 10k. Does Camella office will give me back the other half? Let's see... I'll give you an update. 

Well, I'ts a blessing we did not pursue Camella properties,  otherwise we will be stuck hell dealing with them, After turn-over they still have  control over you, even you already own the property you have to ask approval from their office if you want extension, fix, modify your house, you have to pay 20k bond for every single fix you want, they said its refundable, but others say its not 100%, (may kupit na sila).  Every construction materials you will bring inside the subdivision the guards have to control it,(sekyu have to control you lol) , You have to deal with homeowners assoc., paying dues, abide with their rules and regulations.  Poor Camella homeowners, I feel sorry for you. 

If you want to know more scams about Camella, visit this link, read all the comments all the way down  buyer complaints

or   swtiching lot in camella

Update: The office emailed me back and told me the only thing they can do is suspend the Agent.  As if they gonna do it.
 

No comments: