America, more than ever, is becoming a plastic nation, pumping in billion of dollars to find the fountain of youth. And as baby boomers approach retirement, plastic surgery isn't just for Hollywood anymore. It's the pursuit of fountain of youth and some argue, a culture's inability to grow old gracefullly.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAn example of before and after Botox
Top procedures (women):
Breast Augmentationxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Botox Injection
Lipoplastyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hyaluronic acid
Eyelid surgeryxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Laser Hair Removal
Breast reductionxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx IPL laser treatment
Top procedures (men):
Liposuctionxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Botox Injection
Eyelid surgeryxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Laser Hair removal
Breast reductionxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hyaluronic acid
Hair transplantationxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx IPL laser treatment
What does it take to defy age and buy beauty? Here's what the Telegraph Herald found using average costs for each procedure:
- Face lift - $8,000, taking several hours to perform under anesthesia. Bruising and swelling subside inside six weeks.
- Brow lift - $5,000, taking one to three hours to perform outpatient. You wait up to seven days for suture removal.
- Chin implants - $4,500, taking one to two hours to perform outpatient. Bruising and swelling sudside in a week.
- Forehead lift - $5,250, taking one to three hours to perform outpatient. Bruising and swelling subside in a week.
- Neck lift - $7,000 - tkaing one to three hours to perform outpatient. YOu wait up to three months to before fully healing.
- Mama mia makeover price tag: $29,750.
- Chin liposuction - $4,500, taking an hour of outpatient. Bruising and swelling subside in two to four weeks.
- Botox or filler - $ $275 to $450 per injection.
- Nose job - $8,000, taking a couple of hours, usually outpatient. Bruising and swelling subside and two to four weeks. Nose completely heals in two months.
- Pucker up those plump lips and and pay a minimum of $12,775.
- Botox and fillers
- Eyelid lift - $1,800 to $2,200 in one to three hours of outpatient. You wit up to a week or more for suture removal.
- Brow lift.
- Liposuction - $4,500 - taking about an hour of outpatient. Depending on where and how much tissue, healing can take several months.
- Tummy tuck - $6,050, taking two to five hours sometimes inpatient, Full recovery in one to two months.
- Fabulous 40-year fee: $18,200
If needle and knives might not be your thing, so dermatologist and specialists
offer less radical treatments like Lotions, Potions and creams. And because
injection therapy is a maintenance program that's why some patienst prefer to
use these creams and lotions.
If you are planning to have a cosmetic surgery be sure that you ask these some important questions to a plastic surgeon or cosmetic practitioner:
- May I see before and after photos of recent patients?
- Are my expectations realistic?
- Can the results I want be done with alternative or non-surgical procedures?
- Where is the surgery performed (hospital, outpatient clinic, office) and how long will it take?
- What anesthesia will be used?
- Will scarring, soreness, swelling, bruising result?
- How long often has the doctor performed this procedure?
- What percentage of patients have significant complications?
- May I observe a video or real-life procedure before making a decision?
- Who will assist during surgery? and are their qualifications?
- Has the surgeon/clinic ever had malpractice insurance coverage denied, revoked or suspended?
- What is the expected healing time?
- If unsatisfied, will you repeat or correct procedures? If so, will I be charged again?
- How much does the procedure cost?
- Do you offer patient financing?